Tackling Climate Change - The Hot Debate!
With Expert Witnesses and You the Jury
Which policies do YOU want Government to implement?
Free all-party debate open to the public in the Auditorium, Essex Business School, University of Essex
6-8pm Friday October 27th 2017
There will be opportunities for you to ask questions, and to vote using keypad voting for your preferred options
Chaired by Bernard Jenkin MP
- Professor Graham Underwood, Executive Dean, Faculty of Science and Health, Professor of Marine and Freshwater Biology
- Doug Parr, Chief Scientist, and Policy Director, Greenpeace
- Paul McNamee, Director of Politics, The Green Alliance
- Max Wakefield, Lead Campaigner, 10:10
- Ron Bailey, Head of Parliamentary Affairs, Sustainable Energy Association
Policies on Energy, Transport, Housing and Food that you vote for will go to the Prime Minister’s Policy Unit.
Please join us- we care about the future of our planet.
Each person attending has a chance to vote on policies put forward by experts. Before voting the policies are scrutinised by the audience which will include some other members of the University staff, many students who as we know are especially concerned about environmental issues, as well as the broader public. It is a free all party event which our branch of the Conservative Policy Forum is running in conjunction with the Women's Institute. The venue has been arranged by the Young Conservatives at the University of Essex,(Chairman Liam Gallagher) with the support of Professor Graham Underwood.